The Visitor Studies Group: Championing excellent visitor experiences
Tickets for the 2023 VSG Conference, Open for all: working towards inclusive practice are on sale via Eventbrite here>
View the full Conference Programme here>
View the Conference Schedule including detailed timings for the day here>
Join delegates from the UK cultural sector and beyond to connect, share and reflect on experiences of developing inclusive visitor studies practice.
Speakers working in a wide range of learning, marketing, research consultancy and academic teams will present pioneering examples that tune in to and amplify the voices of potential and existing audiences. Together we’ll explore the role of research and evaluation in championing equity and accessibility, and consider how evaluation can be used as a tool in efforts to foster a sense of belonging and welcome for visitors of diverse backgrounds.
Join us for fresh perspectives with research and evaluation at their core as audience development professionals and researchers from the Wellcome Collection and DJS; Imperial War Museum, Wallace Collection; University College London; Royal Crown Derby; Science Museum Group and The Social Investment Consultancy; R&A Golf Museum; V&A Museum and more offer practical insights on:
- using inclusive co-creation in audience research and evaluation
- navigating the difference between equity and equality
- aligning access, diversity and inclusion goals with audience segmentation systems in practice
- embedding quality in evaluation practices in settings with limited resources, staff and training
- building enduring relationships and balancing institutional goals with participants’ needs in community partnerships
- mixed-method evaluation of adaptations for SEND schools audiences that consider the student and teacher
- creating accessible digital images for vision impaired visitors
This year’s conference will include an optional pre-meet included in their conference ticket on 18 May from 4.30-6pm at the Wellcome Collection to see their Milk exhibition, with option to join us at a local pub following the visit. We value delegates having the opportunity to network, socialise and experience one of our featured institutions first hand.
A networking lunch is also included, plus a change to shape the future of the Visitor Studies Group in an interactive consultation session and brief AGM.
Tickets are on sale via Eventbrite here>
View the full conference Programme here>