The Visitor Studies Group: Championing excellent visitor experiences
National Railway Museum, York
10.00 – 16.30
Tickets can be purchased via Eventbrite here.
Lisa Baxter, founder of The Experience Business will deliver a Visitor Studies Group members-only masterclass.
The day long course is intended for those who have experience in visitor research and in the creation and development of visitor experiences. It would help potential delegates to be in a managerial position capable of implementing change within their teams.
How often do we make time to truly understand the impact of our work from the visitor’s perspective? This advanced workshop will place you in the shoes of your audience, see your venues and events through their eyes and reimagine your customer-centricity.
This workshop will:
- Introduce you to transformative thinking and practice around visitor experience design
- Explore the balance between curatorial authority and visitor sensibility
- Deepen your understanding of the dimensions of experience
- Sharpen your focus on the visitor experience
- Equip you with powerful tools to understand, visualise and optimise the visitorexperience
- EMPATHISE with the visitor experience at National Railway Museum
- DEVELOP audience personas as a starting point for the experience design process
- ENGAGE in customer journey mapping
- EXPLORE moments of truth and pain points
- RE-IMAGINE a better experience offer
- LEARN and APPLY new tools they can take back to the workplace
- Curatorial, exhibitions and operational staff in museums, galleries or other visitor-facing buildings
- Individuals with experience of visitor studies and preferably in a managerial position capable of implementing change within their teams.
Masterclass leader: Lisa Baxter
Lisa is the Founder/Director of The Experience Business, a pioneering UK-based consultancy for forward-thinking arts organisations who want to re-imagine their value offer for 21st century audiences. The Experience Business draws its inspiration from the growing movement of Design Thinking and incorporates innovative processes framed within a dynamic and highly engaging workshop-based approach.
A Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts, Lisa is regarded as an inspiring and creative thinker who is increasingly in demand nationally and internationally to talk and deliver workshops around her innovative thinking and practice. She has worked many visitor facing arts, cultural and heritage organisations to help sharpen their visitor focus: Ferens Art Gallery, Imperial War Museum North, BALTIC Centre for Contemporary Art, National Football Museum, Preston Museums Group, Swedish Travelling Exhibitions, Finnish National Gallery and Courthouse Gallery, Western Australia, to name but a few.